- New: BioPortal uses the updated and much improved NBA v2.0 for data queries.
- New: Dashboard demonstrating statistics of the Naturalis collection.
- New: downloadable DarwinCore archives of selected collections.
- New: NBA queries are handled by a dedicated, open source PHP client that mirrors the functionality of the NBA Java client.
- New: download images of specimens in the highest possible resolution.
- New: provide feedback for inaccurate or erroneous specimen data.
- Improved: specimen queries in the advanced search form have been merged into a single form.
- Improved: clearer help texts for the advanced search form.
- Improved: browse individual specimen, taxon and multimedia results (multimedia only in v1.0).
- Improved: search results based on "name resolution" indicate the link between search term and result.
- Improved: advanced search form has been tailored to the needs of collection administrators.
- Improved: "show all media" links for specimen and taxon searches: fetch all media for your search criteria with a single click.
- Improved: all nature areas in the geographical search form now produce results.
- Fixed: AND/OR queries now always produce accurate results.